Monday, May 25, 2009

An Ordinary Day with Papa: Racecar Building

I am scheduling this post to be published on May 25th, in honor of Papa's birthday, which we will celebrate in South Georgia. This is a collection of photos from a recent project Papa did with Big B: a model racecar.
I wasn't intentionally saving this one for Papa's birthday. I just hadn't posted it yet, because it's a plain old ordinary, run-of-the-mill project. And that's what's so great about it. Papa spends time with each of our children in a very one-on-one way, so much so that it becomes mundane, everyday, normal. And I am so grateful.Happy Birthday, Papa. I celebrate you today, the man you are, the father you have become, and the partner you continue to be. I hope that right now we are laughing, covered in mud, and have no idea what time it is.

1 comment:

Rose said...

So Sweet. Papa must have loooots of patience for a big project like that.

Happy Birthday!!