Monday, December 14, 2009

Thirty Minute Pillowcase Aprons

Oh boy. What started as a simple idea for a handmade gift has grown into a mild obsession. These are the easiest, cutest, cheapest whip-ups ever, and I can't wait to make more. I found this tutorial for pillowcase aprons, and after making a prototype, I have modified it to create a snazzier binding and flap-less pocket. The possibilities are endless. Each of the three aprons below were created from $0.99 pillowcases scored from Goodwill.
From start to finish, one of these cuties takes me exactly thirty minutes. I want to go back to Goodwill right now and find more inspiration! Care to share any of your quick handmade gift ideas?

3 comments:

Emily said...

love, love, love this idea!

Courtney D. said...

I LOVE THESE!!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!!

Erin said...

What a GREAT idea, Laura! Love them!!