Monday, January 19, 2009

2nd Knitting Project: Happy Birthday, little l

Big L and little l came for a visit! These are Big B and little b's cousins and two of the loves of my life. Part of the reason for their visit was that we hadn't seen each other since well before Christmas, and had not yet exchanged gifts, nor celebrated little l's sixth birthday (which falls the day after Christmas).

Little l wanted to see snow for his birthday, so Aunt S and Uncle S packed up their converted 'karma' bus and headed north . In that spirit, I packaged him up some snow of my own, and to go with it, I made him this scarf, using the same colorway as Papa's hat.

This scarf went everywhere with me. I knitted 12 stitches per row, which in that chunky yarn was just the right size for a six-year-old neck. A row or two at the drive-thru at Starbucks...
...and getting ready to knit a few more rows out by the fire Friday night. So cute on him, dontcha think?

No comments: