Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Be Still, My Heart!

Big B had his first sewing lesson today--and he loved it! My cheeks hurt as I watched him carefully place the needle and pull it gently through the other side (gentleness is highly praised in our rough-and-tumble house).

I saw these heart pockets and they inspired me to buy felt and rick rack, though I wasn't sure how we would create them yet. Today the mood struck, and we cut the felt into pocket-y shapes. I had thought I'd sew the pockets on the hearts and let Big B glue rick-rack, buttons, etc. onto them. But in a flash of "he might actually like this--AND benefit from it!", I asked him if he'd like to try the sewing. He got so excited!

He was patient, careful, prideful and sweet, attentive and focused.

For ten whole minutes.

5 comments:

Sara said...

That is too cute! I am glad B was so excited to do the sewing! What a great time together, wish my kids were still that age! LOL!

Lefty said...

Your husband sure is LUCKY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Ten whole minutes? Wow. I can't wait for the sewing lessons in my future.

gana said...

love it! can't wait to see! so proud of big B! :)

Liquid Pen said...

Oh,
I so remember my first sewing. I was soooo proud! Sweet memories you are creating Mama K.